The reasons.Drew Heather Sandals:
1.Have ENCLOSED HEELS rather than the open-backed heel you find in most sandals.Having an enclosed heel is VERY important for stability and support, andopen-backed shoes do not offer this kind of stability and support.Open-backed shoes allow your heels to flop around, causeyou to feel unstable, increase your risk of falling, and increase your risk of having accidents.Have you ever had to break your car in an emergency, only to have your floppy open-backed shoe catch on the pedal at the worst possible moment?Not safe.You want a shoe that''s secure on your feet, and these Drew sandals are secure.
2.***Have FLEXIBLE SOLES***NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE IMPORTANCE OF HAVING FLEXIBLE SOLES!!!!I''m amazed at the huge number of shoes sold in the US these days that do NOT have flexible soles, whether they''re dress shoes or sandals.Flexible soles are EXTREMELY important for a healthy gait, and a healthy gait is critical if you want to avoid the aches and pains and general uncomfortableness that often come with aging.Stiff soles simply do not allow the foot to move naturally, and thus the body can''t move naturally or with a feeling of openness.The ONLY time I can think of that stiff soles are appropriate are for hiking or walking or jogging on very rough terrain.
3.Have multiple (two) ADJUSTABLE STRAPS, so that shoe can be adjusted to fit your foot snugly without feeling too tight.You can also easily loosen or tighten the straps as needed throughout the day.Personally, I would prefer a shoe that had 3 or more adjustable straps, but I couldn''t find any out there that didn''t also have non-flexible soles, and the flexible sole is just too important to do without.
3.Have a FOLDOVER style of Velcro for these adjustable straps.The foldover style (meaning you run the strap through a loop or ring and then fold it back over to fasten it) provides you with better leverage so that you can get the most comfortable fit.In spite of the open toe, the Drew Heather Sandals don''t flop around at the toes.
The only ''negatives'' that I can think of about these shoes are:
1.On my narrow feet, the foldover velcro folds over almost too far which means that, as the shoes stretch, I may have to have a little more velcro added on so that I can fasten the straps.
2.It doesn''t come in more colors (specifically Taupe or Mushroom.I feel the best shoes are the ones which are the least obvious and give your legs a longer look).The shoes fit very well and run true to size.They are well pictured and described on Amazon--I was not disappointed in any way.
Loved this shoe, BUT there is no standard sizing.I gave this shoe to one of my daughter in laws, since she wears an 8.Note that the sized ordered and sent was a 9 1/2 .My toes literally hung over the front edge.I wear a 9 or 9 1/2 .These sandals appear to run true to length and width. The back makes them seem a little shorter so, if you want room between the toes and the front of the sandal size up half a size.I bought the 8.5 N. I usually wear 8.5M so these are real snug. The sandals are attractive and comfortable due to the foot bed/innrer sole.I bought them for the Drew inner sole which is $59.00 purchased separately and these sandals are $17.00. Nuff said.Why didn''t I think of adjustable buckles?! These are probably the most comfortable pair of sandals in my closet. The adjustable buckles really allow you to have a custom fit. A few things though, the foot bed does get stained only after a few wears (but this is just like any other leather footbeds) and the style is definitely high on the comfy side and lower on the style side.
0 comments:
Post a Comment