Okabashi''s Men''s Torino Sandals

Okabashi''s Men''s Torino Sandals, Black)I used to love Okabashis and the Torino model. The first two I bought each lasted at least two years. Then the next pair, within a couple of months of purchase, suddenly started to crack at the top-middle of the foot (not by the toes). Once a little crack formed, daily wear sped it up because that part that takes the brunt of stress from the upper foot pressing againt that area. I had to throw them out soon after.

I figured I may have bent them unwisely on an occasion or two so I tried another pair...and the same thing happened within a few months. Since I didn''t like the available slippers from other brands, I decided to try Okabashi once more. This was 8 months ago...I was careful with them and even removed them when I had to do get into certain positions like squatting or on my knees. And two days ago I noticed a small crack in that same place...which is already a fraction larger today.

I contacted Okabashi and they were nice to remind me of their exchange policy that is good for two years. However, with having to mail this pair to them first and being far from their location, the price is practically not worth it. Also, I''ve now lost hope and don''t want to bother with a fourth attempt.

I don''t know what''s going at the factory, but Okabashi just lost a loyal customer.

I wanted to find some USA made sandals, but it seems most brands are made in China or are very expensive. Then I found these Okabashi sandals. They''re made in the USA and are 100% recyclable. In fact, you can mail them back to the company for recycling when you''re done with them.

the sandals were more rubbery than I expected, but I really had no idea what to expect. They''re made of sturdy rubber that is comfortable. I''ve had these for about 8 months and I''ve been very satisfied.

I don''t know why Amazon doesn''t have a picture of this sandal. You can find it on Okabashi''s website.

EDIT long-term update.

I''ve now had these sandals about one year and I wear them quite a bit. I haven''t experienced the breakage that others complain about. These sandals are working great and I''ll definitely buy another pair when these wear out.

Buy Okabashi''s Men''s Torino Sandals Now



i''ve been using Okabashi''s for many years, I keep buying them because the shoe is so comfortable (good arch support) despite the fact they only last 1 yr at most.I''ve had several kinds of okabashi''s, but Torino model was the most comfortable for wearing around the house.

HOWEVER, these new ones have changed significantly from the past. first and foremost, these don''t have half the arch support that the previous ones had.these are no longer comfortable.I''ve tried a coupld of other models from walgreens too, all the same poor arch support. for this reason along, i returned this show.moreover, they seem like they''re made a cheap material now, it feels really sticky and does not seem like it would last very long also.

I''ve been extremely disappointed at Okabashi''s recent changes!

Read Best Reviews of Okabashi''s Men''s Torino Sandals Here



I have not worn these more than one minute, so I gave a 3-star rating because I do not know how they stand up long term. But I do know that you will need to order a larger size than you normally wear, because these are so narrow that my foot would not fit into the sandal. I do not have wide feet. I do not wear extra-wide shoes. These are just designed wrong--perhaps for the feet of Japanese men, who might have more narrow feet. I have sent mine back and ordered the 13-13.5 size. My normal shoe size is 11.

Want Okabashi''s Men''s Torino Sandals Discount?

I see in Mr. Ross'' review that he initally thought these were great sandals...then the quality seemed to decline. My husband is in agreement. We first purchased a pair each of Okabashi sandals while on vacation over five years ago (I still have mine). After many years of heavy use, his were accidentally left behind in a cruse ship cabin. He found another pair locally and they lasted exactly three months...same issues, little cracks formed & then the sandal disintegrated. My husband says that the newer sandals had the same level of comfort, but was disappointed how quickly they gave out. For the price, comfort & warranty, these are still great sandals, but it''s apparent that the manufacturer has recently gone to different, lower-grade materials. That''s sad. Hopefully reviews like ours will wake them up and they''ll reconsider the original materials :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment