FRYE Men''s Phillip Oxford

FRYE Men''s Phillip Oxford,Black,11.5 M USI have been wearing these shoes most the summer, and while they took a long time to break in, they were worth it. I really like the soft leather, and the insole have become very comfortable. The quality of construction seems great so far, maybe not as nice as my Redwing boots, but I also got these for around $120 on here, so keep an eye out for the deals. I have a causal office, but feel comfortable wearing these with a tie. I wear either these or my Redwings everyday.

The satin finish to the leather is very nice, I''m not one to have flashy shiny shoes. I still don''t love the sanded sole look, but its nice to not have to worry about 1 scrape on the side making them look beat up. My only complaint about the look is the roundness of the toe along with the extension of the sole makes them appear a little clownish, but I doubt anyone would notice.

I will eventually buy another pair of Frye''s.

These black FRYE shoes were bought for my husband. It''s just the first impression. Leather is not thin, but quite soft. Size is OK (10.5), my husband put the shoes on and was walking several hours at home and he felt comfortable all this time.

I understand that the first impression may be not enough, but now we think it''s the great shoes as smart casual footwear.

The regular price is high, but I hope quality is the same level as the price.

Buy FRYE Men''s Phillip Oxford Now

The look of this shoe is very elegant, size fits well. Smooth walk. Suitable almost for all occesions. Outer leather is nice

Read Best Reviews of FRYE Men''s Phillip Oxford Here

these fit nicely, are constructed of what feels to be quality leather, and they look good.

They are not super dressy, and the edges of the soles are rough-finished with a rasp, so they look more like your well-loved cowboy boot soles rather than shiny-edged dress oxfords. This look would be quite alright for me, since I live in casual California and would be mostly wearing them with jeans anyway.

However, I ended up returning them. The left and right I got fit very differently (no I don''t think it''s my feet). Almost as if the insole on one were sunken in a bit on the heel. One of the shoes also had polish smeared on the edge of the sole. And the edges of the soles were a different shape from each other. Basically it looked like the left and right were made by different people at different times and they didn''t really go together, and one was a bit sloppy looking. I imagine this is somewhat rare for Frye though.

I might order them again in hopes of getting a better pair. As they say, your mileage may vary (and Amazon does free returns on this item.)

-update --

I bought another pair in black, with which I''m quite pleased. The soles on these ones are elegantly shaped (and symmetric), and the left and right fit about the same. One has a slightly different level of polish than the other, but this will even out as I wear and polish them myself. I would get them again. Very comfortable, with not too much support.

Want FRYE Men''s Phillip Oxford Discount?

If I had received what I saw in the photograph, I would have loved it, but what arrived was not nearly as well-crafted as the photos had indicated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment